The trial went very well, I did find out however that my body is very odd. Before arriving at the hospital my blood sugar was at 91. I decided to setup a temp basal, I set it for eight hours and cut the amount of insulin going in by 50%. That means I should have been around 110 a couple hours later, before going in to the study I was at 81. 81 how is that possible?? I have very little insulin going in and drank ten ounces of orange juice an hour before hand. Before starting I pounded another ten ounces of orange juice, my blood sugar would be tested every twenty minutes while in the study but I didn't want to risk going low. After the first two hour scan my blood sugar was at 130, I was happy it was a little higher but still perplexed on why I wasn't 200. After my second scan I would finally be around 200, after five hours and less then half of my usual basal rate I finally got to 200. I don't know why or how this happened but I'll take it.
I'm a huge supporter of clinical trials, if I can do something that will help the future of diabetes I'll do it. I know to well the bad side of the disease and I want to do anything I can so someone doesn't have the same experiences that I had. As diabetics we owe it to ourselves and those yet to be diagnosed to give something back to this